- Write an email to Shimer's Advancement office (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org), copying President Lindsay (email@example.com), Assembly Speaker and Faculty Trustee representative Albert Fernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dean of the College David Shiner (email@example.com), and us (firstname.lastname@example.org) expressing your dissatisfaction with his leadership and making clear your unwillingness to financially support the College until certain conditions are met. For an easily edited sample letter, click here.
- Call Shimer's Advancement office (312-235-3545) and make your position heard personally to Mike Guillot, Advancement Director, or to Tom Lindsay, President.
- Write a letter to the same at: Office of Advancement, Shimer College, 3424 S. State Street, Chicago, IL 60616
- DO YOU HAVE MEDIA CONTACTS? If so, direct them to this page and/or have them contact us at: email@example.com. You can also use this sample letter to invite them to do a story about Shimer.
- LINK THIS PAGE TO EVERY WEB PRESENCE YOU HAVE - facebook, twitter, et. al. - so we can spread the word (check the links on the sidebar to facilitate this).
- TELL ALL YOUR SHIMER FRIENDS WHAT'S HAPPENING AND GET INVOLVED!
Jan 27, 2010
By now, we hope, you're ready to act to stop what has clearly become a hostile takeover of Shimer, the college that we all know and love. If you're not sure how, here are a few suggestions: